Wednesday 30 March 2011

Garnier Fructis Style Review! - Survivor Glue!


I had to review this product because it is a favourite of mine (as all things I write about on this blog :p)
I have really fine, curly hair and it tends to get really frizzy. I've been trying lots of things to keep it under control. The Frizz Ease was either too greasy (liquid) or too stiff(mousse) and left my hair feeling really hard and straw like.

When I flat ironed my hair, even tho I used the Sunsilk daring Volume Cream AND the Olive Oil Spray, my hair would still tend to frizz as soon as I get out into the humidity that is Trinidad.
So last weekend I went to Pennywise Grand Bazaar and asked one of the attendants to help me choose something that would help keep my hair under control and neat when i flat ironed it so i can slick it into a neat ponytail and not worry about flyaways or those white dusty looking flakes that you get from hair gel or mousse.

That was when she recommended THIS and I love it. I tried it this week and I've been walking along the street with the hot sun and the wind, driving with my glass down and my hair is still as neat as it was when I left home that morning. The don't call it the "tough it out glue" for nothing! The best part is, my hair is still soft and its shiny without looking greasy and NO WHITE DUST! You can even comb your hair through after and it won't be stiff and all you need is just a little bit.

So if you're a Gel/Mousse fan and you want something that won't leave your hair stiff or hard looking, then definitely try this Creme. It retails for $34.95TT in Pennywise.

Let me know what you think if you do try it.

I'm gonna wash my hair and see if it keeps my curls and i'll let you know how that turns out :) It should look like Keri Russell in Felicity (*crosses fingers*) except not as long :p

3 comments:

  1. I like Garnier so I'm sure this is another good product.I have curly hair also, you should try the Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray before you flat iron your hair. I've been using it the last 2 weeks and my hair is soft, stays in place and remains straight. It's $26.95 in Pennywise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know it's pretty ironic that you mention that because I do have that as well and I do use it, but I don't think it works for me :( My hair still tends to frizz a lot. I have to use that AND something else to get the hair I want. I dunno. Maybe my hair needs more moisture. Gonna try to find some really good moisture rich shampoos and conditioners. I normally use Herbal Essences, but I think I may try the Dove or even pantene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh ok it didn't work for me the first time. I had to use my Redken ultra straightening spray,which really works.I think john frieda has a good heat protection spray too. It's good to alternate your shampoo/conditioner, so you should try the dove/john frieda. I alternate from Tresemme,garnier,Sunsilk and Herbal essence.

    ReplyDelete